This weekend, the largest Haitian swim team ever competed in the Dominican Republic, another historic moment for swimming in Haiti. We had a team of 8 athletes, 1 girl and 7 boys.
3.Fritz Ariel Moise
4.Philipe Henry A.
5. Anthonoy Noel
Four parents (Cassandra, Regine, Pascalle and Jose) and two coaches (Coach Amical and Marc Allen) accompanied the team.
For 4 out of the 8 athletes, this marked their first competition ever. Fritz Ariel and Philipe Henry competed before in the Carifta Games. Genevieve has competed in the CISC and Carifta Games. Papy Doussou competed in the 2017 FINA World Championships.
Top 10 finishes
* •Papy Dossou 3rd place finish 100m fly 1:10.60
* •Papy Dossou 3rd place finish 100m breast 1:25.80
* •Genevieve Duvivier 5th place finish 100m breast 1:41.62
* •Papy Dossou 4th place finish 200 IM 2:58.47
* •Genevieve Duvivier 7th place finish 100m back 1:47.65
* •Raphael Moise 8th place finish 50m breast 53.40
* •Papy Dossou 9th place finish 50m free 28.01
Improved times and top performances
* •Alejandro Allonce 50m free 39.66 (21st)
* •Fritz Ariel Moise 100m breast 1:34.41 (11th)
* •Philipe Henery 100m fly 1:33.71 (18th)
* •Anthony Noel 50m free 31.27 (27th)
* •Matteo Noel 50m free 57.47 (31st)
Since many of these events were swum for the first time by a Haitian, many of these times serves as new Haitian records ready to be broken! The team came 10th overall scoring a total of 24 points.
A year and a half ago there was no such thing as a Haitian Swim team. Today, the first ever Haitian relay team competed in the Dominacin Republic. I am so proud of all the athletes. Keeping training and making history. N AP MACHE PRAN YO TOKYO!
— Naomy Grand'Pierre (@NaomyGP_) November 12, 2017