Congratulations to L’union Suite founder Wanda Tima on being selected as a recipient of Legacy Magazine 2016 “Miami’s under 40 black leaders of today and tomorrow.”
Legacy Miami Magazine, South Florida’s premiere publication for Black Affluencers and Influencers, is pleased to present an elite group of individuals for its annual 40 Under 40 Black Leaders Of Today And Tomorrow For 2016 designation. This year marks honoring 500 Legacy 40 Under 40 Honorees. They were chosen for having made a significant impact not only in their professional careers but in the local community, as well. Legacy will showcase the honorees in its Monday, August 1st issue as an insert in the Miami Herald. An awards & cocktail reception with keynote speaker City of Miramar, Mayor Wayne Messam will take place at the Hilton Miami Airport on Friday, August 5th.
This year’s group is as diverse as they are impressive. They have made significant contributions to many professions. Honorees include an accountant, legislative analyst, staff attorney and doctor. This is just a sampling of the honorees included in this year’s group.
“Congratulations to the 2016 40 Under 40 Black Leaders of Tomorrow honorees,” said Joe Atkinson, South Florida region president at Wells Fargo. “Wells Fargo values and promotes diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and we are proud to join Legacy Magazine in recognizing these outstanding local leaders.”
“These leaders are key changemakers in our community, bringing new energy and advancing Miami as a center for diverse ideas and innovation,” said Matt Haggman program director for Miami at the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Legacy honorees for Miami’s 40 Under 40 Black Leaders Of Today And Tomorrow For 2016:
1. Kanecia Allen, Accountant, Carnival Cruise Line
2. Kilan Ashad-Bishop, PhD Candidate, Cancer Biology,University of Miami
3. Germain Bebe, President and CEO, The Greater North Miami Chamber of Commerce
4. Tina Bernie, Realtor & PR Strategist, COCOACHIC, LLC
5. Tamika Bickham, Owner and Creative Director, TB Media Group
6. Alexis N. Brown, Founder/CEO, Socialxchange Miami
7. Akeem Brutus, Legislative Analyst, Miami-Dade County, District 3
8. Agatha Caraballo, PhD, Digital Instructor and BPA Director, Florida International University
9. Lydia Desnoyers, Certified Public Accountant, Desnoyers CPA, LLC
10. Andrew (AJ) Donaldson, Founder & CEO, United Mentors LLC & The EPIC Foundation
11. Sandy Dorsainvil, Director of Strategic Development, EcoTech Visions
12. Anna-Bo Emmanuel, Esq., Staff Attorney, Legal Services of Greater Miami
13. Carlton Ford, Individual Giving Officer, Florida Grand Opera
14. Cecil Griffin, Vice President / Culinary Consultant, Jk Catering / ChefCecilG
15. Valencia Gunder, Philanthropist, Community Activist, Make the Homeless Smile Miami
16. Phillip Lloyd Hamilton, MS Ed Director, Outreach & Program Development, Florida International University
17. Ryan Hawkins, Director of Corporate Initiatives, Jackson Health System
18. Hyacinth Henderson, Investment Adviser, The Henderson Financial Group
19. Javid Hepburn, Senior Conference Manager & Co-Founder of Fabulous Girls Rock!, Biltmore Hotel
20. Ludvy Joseph, MBA, President & CEO, Action Bridge, Inc
21. Alwyn Leiba, PhD, Professor, Miami Dade College
22. Reginald A.Leon II, Operation supervisor – Florida district, UPS
23. Marcus Majors, The Entertainer: Actor, Model, TV Host, Choreographer, Marcus Majors, Inc.
24. Tyrone N. Manning MBA, Director of Marketing, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
25. Francesca Menes, MPA, Director of Policy and Advocacy, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Inc. (FLIC)
26. Marquita Moore, MBA, Fashion Designer, Wamuiru Couture, LLC
27. Daniella Pierre, MSHRM, Academic and Career Advisor, Miami Dade College
28. Krystal Player, Social Insurance Specialist- Technical Expert, Social Security Administration
29. Anthony Randolph, CEO & Founder, World of Music Arts and Tech (WOMAT)
30. Devona Reynolds Perez, Esq., Attorney, Murray Law, P.A.
31. Kylie Russell, CEO & Owner, Priceless One Management, LLC
32. Christopher Simmonds, School Director & Principal, CARE Elementary School
33. Dr. Nkume Sobe Jr., Doctor of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitative Sciences, SOBE Innovative Rehabilitation
34.Cerise A. Sutton, Executive Director, Greater Miami Youth Symphony
35. Nadege Vilsaint, Executive Director, Prosperity Social & Community Development Group, Inc.
36. Whenda Tima, Social Media Marketer, L’union Creative LLC
37. Corey Wilson, Digital Sales Coach, McClatchy Company, Parent Company of the Miami Herald MediaCompany
38. Johanne Pradel Wilson, Executive Creative Director (Queen of Ideas), COOL Creative inc
39. Octavia Yearwood, Arts Educator, Team Ohhh Dance
40. Traci Young-Byron, Founder/CEO, Young CDT Contemporary Dance Theatre
Legacy 40 Under 40 is in The Miami Herald Today!