The 2015 Miss Universe Pageant is just around the corner and there is so much in store for this year’s event! Our 2015 Miss Haiti Universe is Lisa Elizabeth Drouillard. Lisa has done an impeccable job representing Haiti and she need the help and support of the Haitian community Sunday night.
Here are ten things you should know about Lisa and how you can watch and vote for her tomorrow night.
- My name is Lisa Elizabeth Drouillard, I am 23 yrs old born and raise in Brooklyn. My parents are from Haiti, I graduated in criminal justice and have been in the pageant world since I was 12.My parents on my mom side of the family are from Leogane and on my Dad side they are from Cazale.
- My parents on my mom side of the family are from Leogane and on my Dad side, they are from Cazale.
- I am a criminal justice major, my goal is to get my masters in forensic science. I was offered a job in homeland security and I’m seriously considering the offer and hope to start after all this is over.
- I come to Haiti at least 3 times a year my last trip to Haiti was on October 26th with the intention of staying until Thanksgiving but this trip was cut short because of my nomination as Miss Haiti Universe. I don’t know about you, but I cannot stay away from all the goodies this magical island has to offer.4. What was your motivation to get into pageantry?
- I wanted to inspire others mainly young girls when I got into this! I remember being only 12 when I approached my mom regarding the pageantry world, although she had reservations she eventually supported 500% because she understood my aspirations.5. How does your Haitian culture influence you?
- The Haitian culture influences me in many ways. I was raised in a very strict household and growing with Haitian parents there are certain things that I couldn’t do that my other friends were doing such as sleepovers or watching tv on a school night. I didn’t understand it then, but looking back it gave me a lot of discipline, and structure. I grateful that they instilled these values in me because not only did it help built my character but also made me who I am today.6. What has been the respond of the Haitian American community to you and your title?
- The support to the Haitian American community have been extremely positive! I am grateful to all of you for the continuous support! I have competed in 13 pageants and won 8 titles so far, my community has been nothing but supportive of my endeavors and as Miss Haiti universe it is no different.
- One of the talent or skill most people would be surprised to learn about me is probably the fact that I love doing hair; braiding, cut and color, you name it! I also played violin in my adolescent yrs, and I am much more of a sweatpants and sneakers type of girl.
- The best part if representing my country and meeting all these wonderful ladies and the unconditional support of my parents, family, and friends. The hardest part is being away from my parents and family!I really need the help of the Haitian American Community in this pageant.
- I really need the help of the Haitian Community in this pageant. I need everyone to Vote! This year YOU can be a judge and cast your vote during the live pageant by doing the following:
- Go to the Missuniverse.com/vote
- Make sure to vote for Lisa Drouillard in the Miss Universe Global Fan Vote powered by @ImageSkincare! Votes are only valid in real time on December 20 from 7-10pm ET.
Cast your vote for Lisa here: bit.ly/1Rl3dGJ.
The 2015 Miss Universe Pageant airs live on FOX on Sunday, Dec. 20, at 7 p.m. ET.